and Imagination Concepts
Assignment: When you draw or paint, try exchanging materials, qualities or skins with several objects, while keeping the size and outlines somewhat normal. This might be a pretty advanced assignment because beginners do not know how to render realistic looking matter or subtance very well.
Imagine the following ideas until you can see it clearly.
2. Imagine a human figure slender and dressed in a form fitting leotard. She is fairy-like. She has the wings of a beautiful butterfly. She is dancing gracefully toward us. There is a smooth looking lake, like glass. There are little sparkling lights which appear and disappear all around the view. The trees are white and silver.
3. There is a deep looking harbor at a seaside surrounded by mountain cliffs that go down sharply to the sea. Out of the midst of the seas there are several enormously tall mushrooms. Each grows out of the sea and high into the air. High atop of each mushroom we see lights glowing. It seems that there is a city on top of each mushroom.
4. There are 4 cats standing before us. They are standing on their hind legs. Each cat is wearing a uniform. They are military cats. They are highly decorated and wear sashes covered with metals and golden braid.
5. It is fall.
The leaves are fresh and crisp on the ground. There are numerous people
who are selecting small and perfectly curved leaves to use as boats
on a quiet pond.
6. Imagine many
bunches of carrots. The carrots are turned so that their pointed
7. Imagine a room full of babies wearing diapers. They are all working. some push wheel barrows; some carry tool belts or power machines. There is a room with hallways branching out in several directions. There are pipes coming out of the walls, the pipes are steaming. The babies are greasy and sweating.
8. There is a field of prairie dogs. Their habitat is among sandy mounds and burrows. The prairie dogs are in groups. Some are sun bathing, some in lounge chairs drinking cool drinks, others are setting in convertibles trying to make points with some prairie dog chicks.
9. Imagine that you are only 1/2 an inch tall. It is late summer and you are exploring a corn plant. As in the story of Jack and the beanstock you are climbing up the great corn plant and enjoying the scenic views along the way. What do you encounter on the way up? How are you climbing? What is your favorite place.
to imagine the views which are given to you. Remember these may not
be reasonable or rational but that does keep us from being able to visualize
RETURN TO INDEX TO ART LESSONS