LINK TO IDEAS - - DEVELOPING
SPECIALIZING IN YOUR AREA OF INTEREST
IDEAS GUIDE THE ART CREATION - MATURE ARTISTS ARE GUIDED BY PERSONAL BELIEFS AND
PERSONAL PRINCIPLES GAINED FROM EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING AND FILTERED THROUGH THEIR INDIVIDUAL PERSONALITIES.QUALITY ART IS RARELY AN ACCIDENT BUT RATHER THE RESULT OF A PLAN AND PURPOSE OR IN OTHER WORDS AN IDEA.
will your theme be?
you procede to more advanced level,
you will set your own goals and outcomes.
If you attempt some method where you lack
skill you will need to gain this additional
knowledge and technique independently.
"Independent Inquiry" unit consists of a series
of individual projects which will:
many art works will you be required
to do? The complexity
of your choices governs the amount of production.
Many sketches can be done in a single day.
Some quality drawings and paintings
SUBJECTS BY BROAD THEMES
DESCRIPTIVE STYLE OR CONCEPTUAL ART THEMES:
EXAMPLES OF VERBAL DESCRIPTIONS OF AN ART STYLE
These examples might give you some ideas of how to imagine doing your own thing. Also, if you find one of these interesting feel free to take it for your own. You can also adapt from one of these. Or in other words, make some adjustments to suit your own preferences as a starting point for you.
AN ARTIST'S STYLE MAY BE DESCRIBED BY SOMEONE WHO VIEWS THEIR WORK
1. Abstracted soft-toned visuals which vaguely suggest real things. Rich warm color blends.
2. Hard- edge arrangements with surprising colors. Arrangements depict subtle balance in filled and unfilled spaces.
3. Animals which walk around and behave with human activities.
4. Drawings and paintings of interesting plant foliage in high detail drawn and painted subjects.
5. Drawing and paintings of the most common everyday objects.
6. Close up of the human form composed in such a way as to view the body as abstract pattern.
7. Figures placed in silhouette with a special interest in patterns in space.
8. Mythological figures are depicted in brightly colored Art Nouveau style.
9. Subjects are interpreted in a style inspired by African or Pre-Columbian design.
10. Water color landscape combining color masses and sharp pen and ink detail.
11. Art from the streets, signposts, pop images and distinctive color harmonies.
12. Exploration of white on white or black on black relief designs. Cast shadows produce tone.
13. Textural multi media compositions using found materials, fabric and drawing & painting.
14. Multi-media collages emphasizing textures and materials.
15. Drawing or interpreting the human figure with light and expression.
16. Limited color still life compositions.
17. Abstraction featuring fantasy forms in an alien environment.
18. Musical instruments interpreted as color and pattern.
19. Animal friends who are posed in human like situations.
20. Strange and fantastic hats and the people who would wear them.
21. Wrestle mania, the super hero hulks in mortal combat.
22. Birds at the fountain, Birds volunteer to pose at the bird fountain or feeder.
23. Glamour girls, showgirls, ladies of the evening that represent a value view point.
24. Mother and child. Variations on the theme.
25. Water colors of fishes of unknown ancestry.